Elizabeth College offers a unique program that ensures a supportive environment for students who wish to achieve at the highest level in their pre-tertiary studies. The Elizabeth College Advanced Academic Diploma is tailored to students who are interested in a balanced program of study and pursuing personal and academic excellence.
Students who show academic ability and a willingness to meet the ECAAD criteria are encouraged to apply by expression of interest.
About the program:
- ECAAD is a specialised home group comprising like-minded grade 11 and 12 students, meeting once per week during scheduled home group time. (NOTE: ECAAD students still attend regular classes and operate on the same timetable as all other students).
- Our goal is to build resilience and give our students the best chance of achieving to their potential.
- We believe in a holistic approach to schooling and we are dedicated to providing ECAAD students with a breadth of experiences.
- Students will attend an overnight camp at the beginning of the year to get to know their peers and help settle into college life.
- Students participate in a Contemporary Issues and Culture program that is guided by students and teachers and will provide appreciation of a range of ideas and experiences across the curriculum. These include guest speakers and group discussions, excursions to the cinema/theatre, museum/gallery visits and music performances.*
- Students will be given the opportunity to enjoy adventure activities such as bushwalking, rock-climbing, abseiling and rafting.*
- Successful applicants should actively participate in an Elizabeth College sport, drama, music community service or representative team as offered in the enrichment or sports program.
- The ECAAD program actively supports students who wish to apply for the University of Tasmania High Achiever Program.
- Candidates must attain an Australian Tertiary Admission Ranking (ATAR) of 90+.
*(NOTE: students are not required to participate in all of the activities that are offered – it is expected that students participate in no less than two-thirds of the activities on offer).
If you are interested in undertaking the Elizabeth College Advanced Academic Diploma, please express your interest by completing the application form (here) and submitting in either digital or hard-copy form to the ECAAD Coordinator. All candidates will be notified of the success of their applications before the school year begins.
All enquiries to:
Elizabeth College – 256 Elizabeth Street, Hobart, Tasmania 7000
Ph: 6235 6543 (w); 0409 800 566 (m)